3D City Model of District Lozenets
The 3D model is compliant with CityGML 2.0 in LOD1, supporting integration of the buildings and terrain and enriching the buildings' attributes with address information. District Lozenets of Sofia city is chosen as a pilot area for modelling. The integration of the buildings and terrain is an essential part of it, since the buildings often partially float over or sink into the terrain. A web application for user interaction with the 3D city model is developed. Its main features include silhouetting a single building, showing relevant overlay content, displaying shadows and styling of buildings depending on their attributes.
The 3D model of the buildings is hosted on the Cesium ion platform and visualized through a simple web application, developed with CesiumJS.
The following functionality is implemented for user interaction:
- Silhouette a building on mouseover and show its class as overlay content;
- Silhouette a building on selection and show its class, function, floor count and height in an information box;
- Show shadows depending on the current time;
- Show buildings in different colours depending on their height, class and latitude;
- Show buildings in transparent style;
- Show buildings with height over 50 meters.